One of the best ways in which you can learn a new language nowadays is by using the available language apps already created for this exact purpose. Chinese, with its hard pronunciation and word-formations – as well as different alphabetical characters – can be quite difficult to learn without serious day-to-day practice. This is why Chinese learning apps are so beneficial – not only are they efficient in helping you keep track of your daily progress, but they are also good at reminding you to practice. There are different learning apps available for different aspects of the language learning process that you are mostly focused on.
Here are some of the best features of high-quality Chinese learning apps that will help you recognize them better.
- They’ll engage you in active learning and give you the opportunity to practice vocab that matches your interests, for example.
- They’ll have customized products that will give you the ability to learn from your mistakes and review what you got wrong in the first place. You won’t be able to skip to parts that you are already comfortable with but rather focus on those parts that you must clearly work on.
- They’ll cover your specific need (and be honest about it). That means, if you need to improve your pronunciation, a high-quality app will give you access to the resources that you need to do that. Don’t trust apps that state that they’re offering full-packages (everything that you could possibly need to learn Chinese). Their intention is good, but their method is poor. Their focus is spread and therefore, not as efficient. Most of the time, you’ll need different apps for different parts of your language learning process.
Now let’s get down to business. Here are the five best Chinese learning apps on the market right now. Let’s see why and how you can access them.
This app will teach you how to write Chinese characters properly and is available for both Android and iOS devices. Some of the most important features of this app that must be mentioned are:
- Space Repetition Software or SRS system
- Ability to write directly on the app
- Lists of personalized vocab words
- The ability to create your own lists
- Mnemotechnic and graphic representations of characters to help you remember them
- Video content available
- Progress tracking system
- Tests and other relevant learning material
This app is necessary for those of you who want to learn Chinese by audio. You can listen to podcasts in Chinese on this platform and also organize them by difficulty level. Chinese Pod includes both video and audio recordings of interviews and talks and includes supporting materials such as flashcards or exercises. The coolest thing about this app is that it gives you the ability to personalize your vocab list and download lessons and other supporting materials to listen to while offline. According to dissertation help service specialists, Chinese Pod is one of the best apps for audio learning and should be used as such.
You can immerse yourself in the Chinese culture and learn Mandarin quite effortlessly by using this app. The app is designed in such a way that it will slowly introduce you into the basics and then quickly transit you into learning the more practical aspects of Chinese. You can also learn over 1,500+ words in Chinese, along with getting visual content on them and cultural insights on each item you are learning.
The Chairman’s Bao
Reading in Chinese is not easy and can be counterproductive if you don’t do it systematically. It is definitely for those of you who have good experience with the Chinese language by now and thus, can be a great resource to use. This app is also available for both Android and iOS and provides the following useful options to its users:
- Many high-quality and level-proof articles to practice Chinese by reading.
- Interactive dictionaries that help you understand the pronunciation of a word by listening to it while reading!
- A system of flashcards that helps you study words that you’re interested in more easily. This app also uses an SRS system.
- A list of keywords and idioms that you will find useful to learn.
- Videos on how to write Chinese characters and methods to remember them more easily.
Another amazing and quite popular app for learning Chinese is Duolingo. This app is great for learning Chinese grammar since it offers students long lists of words to learn and the ability to form sentences by using them. You can also translate numerous phrases here and exercise endlessly until you GET IT!
Learning Chinese can be difficult without the necessary apps to guide you. Make sure you try all of the above ones and let us know what you think and which ones you found the most useful. Until then – stay tuned!